Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Time for the Module 1 Writing Activity!

Here's the first (second?) assignment for my writing class. According to the instructions:
In your journal, write down a list of at least five to ten nouns and five to ten adjectives as you observe a scene at home, work, or in your community.
Gonna be honest: I;m not sure if this means I have to describe the scene as it unfolds or if I just list the nouns and adjective. For simplicity's sake, I'll make sentences out of my observations. I will bold the nouns and italicize the adjectives. Bolded italicized are pronouns, though it doesn't state pronouns in the instructions.

A lazy cat snoozes on the couch next to me. ("Lazy" is descriptive, "the" is a determiner. I also feel that "next to" is considered an adjective but I'm unsure.)

My wife gabs on the phone as we watch television. ("My" is possessive pronoun, "we" is subject. "The" is the determiner adjective.)

A burnt-out lightbulb makes the corner of the living room dark. ("The" is determiner. "Burnt-out" and "dark" are descriptive.)

The end table sure is dusty. ("The" is determiner. "Dusty" is predicate as it is connected by the word "is".)

The noisy cars zoom past my open window. ("Noisy" and "open" are descriptive adjectives. "My" is possessive pronoun. "The" is determiner.)

Looks like I need to clean those sheets. ("Those" is a demonstrative pronoun. I also feel like I'm missing something in this sentence. It seems like "looks like" or even "need" would be adjectives but I'm not sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment